Effective Date: February 2 , 2023.
- Introduction and Overview.
- Information Collection.
- Information You Provide.
We and our Service Providers (defined below) may collect information you provide directly via the Service, including when you sign-up for our mailing lists, purchase, view or interact with our content, or otherwise communicate or transact with us through the Service. The categories of information we collect include:
- Contact Data, including your first and last name, company name, and email address.
- Content, including content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
Where you purchase content through the Service, we use Service Providers to process your payment information, including credit or debit card information. We do not have access to or store your credit or debit card information.
You may choose to voluntarily submit other information to us that we have not requested, and in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
- Information Collected Automatically.
In addition, we automatically collect information when you access or use the Service. The categories of information we automatically collect include:
- Usage Data, including data about features you use, pages you visit, content you view and purchase, the time of day you browse, and referring/exit pages.
- Device Data, including data about the type of device or browser you use, device identifiers such as IP address, browser type, operating system, data regarding network connected hardware, and internet service provider.
The types of tracking technologies we use to automatically collect information include:
- Log Files, which are files that record events that occur in connection with your use of the Service.
- Cookies, are small data files stored on a user’s device that act as a unique tag to identify your browser. We use two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies make it easier for you to navigate the Service and expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies help in understanding how you use the Service, and may remain on your device for extended periods of time, and may be controlled through your browser settings
For further information on how we use tracking technologies, and your rights and choices regarding them, please see the “Tracking Technologies” section under the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Information from Other Sources.
- Use of Information.
- Manage and operate our Service, including financing and producing content such as nonfiction TV series and documentary films;
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
- Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;
- Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;
- Improve the Service of other Life Force websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
- Conduct promotions, including verifying your eligibility and delivering prizes in connection with your entities.
- Develop and send you advertising, direct marketing, and communications regarding our and other entities products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events;
- Fulfill any other purpose at your direction; and
- With notice to you and your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including information that has been aggregated or de-identified) for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Disclosure of Information.
- Service Providers. We disclose information to our agents, vendors, consultants, and other service providers (collectively “Service Providers”) that process information on our behalf. Service Providers assist us with services such as payment processing, data analytics, marketing, advertising, website hosting, and technical support. To the extent required by law, these Service Providers are prohibited from using information for any purpose other than to provide this assistance, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for other purposes.
- Analytics. We disclose information for analytics related purposes. The receiving persons may act as our service providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on analytics, please see the “Analytics” section below.
- Partners. We disclose information to our partners in connection with offering co-branded content and services.
- Promotions. Our promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other parties. When you voluntarily enter a promotion, we disclose information as set out in the official rules that govern the promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. We may disclose information to comply with the law or other legal process, and where required, in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We also disclose information to protect the rights, property, life, health, security and safety of us, the Service, the individuals involved in our films, or any third party.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may disclose information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any proposed or actual merger, purchase, sale or any other type of acquisition or business combination of all or any portion of our assets, or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We disclose information to our affiliates and related entities, including where they act as our service provider for their own internal purposes.
- Facilitating Requests. We disclose information at your request.
- Consent. We disclose information with notice to you and with your consent.
Without limiting the foregoing, in our sole discretion, we may disclose aggregated information which does not identify you or de-identified information about you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we disclose information about you, please see the “Your Rights and Choices” section below.
- Other Parties’ Services, Social and Video Features.
Some examples of where you may interact with a third party include:
- Our Service includes links that hyperlink to websites, platforms, and other services not operated or controlled by us.
We use analytics services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how users access and use the Service.
For further details on the types of tracking technologies we use on the Service and your rights and choices regarding analytics, please see the “Information Collected Automatically” and “Your Rights and Choices” sections.
- Your Rights and Choices.
- Region-Specific Rights
- Accessing Your Information.
You may access, update, or remove certain information that you voluntarily submitted to us when you made a purchase through the Service by sending an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Tracking Technologies.
- Cookies. Regular cookies may generally be disabled or removed by tools available as part of most commercial browsers, and in some instances blocked in the future by selecting certain settings. Browsers offer different functionalities and options so you may need to set them separately.
- Do Not Track. Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” and other tracking technology preference signal to online services you visit, and unless required by law, we do not respond to such signals.
Please be aware that if you disable or remove certain tracking technologies some parts of the Service may not function correctly.
- E-mail Communications.
You can opt out of receiving certain promotional e-mails from us at any time by following the instructions as provided in e-mails to click on the unsubscribe link or by sending an e-mail to us here with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject field of the e-mail. Please note that your opt out is limited to the e-mail address used and will not affect subsequent subscriptions or non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, transactions, servicing, or Life Force’s ongoing business relations.
The Service is intended for a general audience and not directed to children under 13 years of age. Life Force does not knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) in a manner that is not permitted by COPPA. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Life Force has collected such information in a manner not permitted by COPPA, please e-mail us here or send us a letter to 3500 W. Olive Ave. Suite 700, Burbank, CA 91505 and we will remove such data to the extent required by COPPA.
- Data Security.
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Nevertheless, transmission via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information collected through our Service.
- International Transfer.
- Contact Us.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please e-mail us here or send us a letter to 3500 W. Olive Ave. Suite 700, Burbank, CA 91505.
- Additional Disclosures for California Residents.
Life Force does not meet the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”) thresholds for applicability. To the extent Life Force is subject to the CPRA, these additional disclosures apply only to California residents covered by the CPRA. Terms have the meaning ascribed to them in the CPRA, unless otherwise stated.
- Notice of Collection.
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the CCPA:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, and online identifiers (such as IP address).
- Commercial or transactions information, including trailers watched and records of content purchased.
- Internet activity, including browsing history, search history, and interactions with a website, video, email, or advertisement.
For further details on information we collect, including the sources from which we receive information, review the “Information Collection” section above. We collect and use these categories of personal information for the business purposes described in the “Use of Information” section above, including to manage our Service. We disclose this personal information to the categories of persons set out in the “Disclosure of Information” section above. Please visit those sections for further details.
We do not sell or share information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood.
We do not knowingly sell or share the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents.
- Right to Know and Delete.
You have the right to delete or correct personal information we have collected about you. You also have the right to know certain details about our data practices. In particular, you may request the following from us:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- The categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold or shared;
- The categories of third parties to whom the personal information was disclosed for a business purpose or sold or shared;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling or sharing the personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request through our Online Form. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. If we are unable to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
- Authorized Agent.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
- Right to Non-Discrimination.
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any your rights.
- Shine the Light.
California’s “Shine the Light” law permits customers in California to request (i) a list of the categories of personal information disclosed by us to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for those third parties’ own direct marketing purposes; and (ii) a list of the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed such information. To exercise your rights and make a request, please e-mail us here or send us a letter to 3500 W. Olive Ave. Suite 700, Burbank, CA 91505. Requests must include “California Shine the Light Request” in the first line of the description and include your name, street address, city, state, and ZIP code. Please note that Life Force is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the provided e-mail address or mail address.
- Additional Disclosures for Nevada Residents.
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at [INSERT EMAIL ADDRESS].
- Additional Disclosures for Virginia Residents
Life Force does not meet the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”) threshold for applicability. To the extent Life Force becomes subject to the VCDPA, these additional rights and disclosures apply only to Virginia residents. Terms have the meaning ascribed to them in the VCDPA.
You have the following rights under the VCDPA:
- To confirm whether or not we are processing your personal data
- To access your personal data
- To correct inaccuracies in your personal data
- To delete your personal data
- To obtain a copy of your personal data that you previously provided to us in a portable and readily usable format
- To opt out of the processing of personal data for purposes of targeted advertising, the sale of personal data, or profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning you
To exercise any of these rights, please submit through this Form. We will respond to your request within 45 days. We may require specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request.
If we refuse to take action on a request, you may appeal our decision within a reasonable period of time by contacting us at email@example.com and specifying you wish to appeal. Within 60 days of our receipt of your appeal, we will inform you in writing of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including a written explanation of the reasons for the decisions. If the appeal is denied, you may submit a complaint to the Virginia Attorney General at https://www.oag.state.va.us/consumercomplaintform.